Welcome to Network Services!
The Washington University core network provides enterprise services for the faculty, staff, schools and departments of Washington University. The core network is not only comprised of the network hardware that makes it work, but also includes the services and infrastructure to support the Core. The enterprise core network is comprised of:
• Cisco core routers and switches - Dual Cisco Nexus 7009
• Internet connection to commodity Internet
• Internet connection to Internet 2
• DNS/DHCP services provided by QIP appliances
• Wireless network using Meru Wireless
• SPAM filtering and email redirection using redundant IronPort appliances
• Fiber infrastructure that has 108 major fiber paths
• CATV infrastructure that supports cable TV
• Telecommunications rooms that house fiber, cable, network equipment and UPSs
Network Services and Support
Network services include:
• Network Infrastructure Design and Planning
• Network Configuration and Maintenance
• Support for network issues
• Network Analysis
Service Level Objectives
• The network will be available 24x7x365, excluding scheduled maintenance windows.
• Planned Availability 99.99% (availability is measured in terms of percent up-time for the offering excluding scheduled maintenance.
• Administrative availability: Standard/Business Hours: M-F, 8:30am - 5:00pm CST
• On Call: The Network Operations Center is on call 24x7 and can be reached at 314-935-7048 or at email@example.com
The Washington University Systems Administrators group is a voluntary, collective of members from varying IT groups across campus. Meeting once a month, this group comes together to discuss various technologies and their effects and benefits to the Washington University Community. To sign up for the WUSA mailing list, please followthe link below: